Get help about Unemployment Insurance in Denmark
0 votes
I want to know some information about A-kasse.
How to start.
I'm a new in Denmark.
in A-kasse membership by

1 Answer

0 votes
If you are student you have right to 5 years of FREE membership.
We will advice you to join as soon as possible.
Read more:

If you are employee an earn  wages then you should apply for membership
as employee.
Before you are entitled to unemployment benefit, you must:
1.  have beeen member of an a-kasse for at least one year
2.  have worked in all at least 1,924 hours in your membership period.

It looks you are a NON EU/EEA-citizen.
As non-EEA citizen you are, however only entitled to benefits if you have a work permit.
Upon graduation from a Danish higher education institution, your residence permit will
remain valid for an additional six months, allowing you to seek employment in Denmark.

Best regards
by (25.2k points)

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse

438 questions
440 answers
428 users