menu search
I'm living in Denmark but I work in Germany. But now because of virus I entered kurzarbeit. I will get small money but not enough to survive. I live alone and I have to pay rent and everything. Do I have any rights for little extra support from you? I contacted kommune aabenraa and they told me to ask you
Thank you
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

1 Answer



first of all I must tell you that we are not an A-kasse - we are a general guide about all the Danish A-kasser. So we can never help with any financial support - only guidance about membership and the rules.

However, when you work in Germany, you are covered by the social security/Unemployment Insurance Scheme in Germany.

So therefore you must contact the relevant authorities in Germany - about Unemployment benefits you must contact Bundesagentur für Arbeit. I have found a page on their website about kurzarbeitergeld, which I think can be relevant for you. There seem to be an option to get some supplementary benefits if you have "kurzarbeit". You can find the page here:

But you must find out if you have to meet certain requirements for getting the benefits in Germany.

Best regards,

Anders Weber,

thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse