I have previously lived in Denmark and been a member of an A-kasse and, now living in Finland but considering moving back to Denmark in a couple of years to seek work when my PhD ends here. I have a few question about this I hope you can help me with:
1. Is there any sort of minimum payment that you receive on the A-kasse? My income here is quite low, but so are expenses, but I think expenses will be higher in Denmark. For example, if I have earned only 10,000 Euros a year for the past three years, will my daily allowance be only 90% of this (around 6750 DKK per month)?
2. Does the amount of dagpenge that I previously received from Denmark affect the amount I would receive? (it would have been 4-5 years since receiving it).
3. Related to this, when transferring from abroad, does the amount of dagpenge that I am entitled to in Finland affect how much I would get in Denmark, or is it just calculated based on recent wages?
4. Regarding the condition of having been entitled to A-kasse within 5 years: "If you within the last 5 years been entitled to Unemployment benefits in Denmark, or have received Unemployment benefits in Denmark you don't need to meet the 296 hours requirement." Does this mean that if I rejoin a Danish unemployment fund within 5 years of leaving I am eligible, even if I am still working for some time before becoming unemployed?
5. I may have an option to move away during the final stages of my PhD. If I move to Denmark while still having my wage paid from Finland, possibly to a Finnish bank account, can I join a Danish unemployment fund?