menu search
Hi, I just got fired from my full-time job and will continue to receive salary without working for the next three months. My question is, when should I contact my A-kasse and from when would I be able to get the benefits? I have been a member for years.
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

1 Answer


as long as you still receive salary, then you are regarded as still employed (not unemployed) in the unemployment Insurance system.
So you can take it easy. But on the first real unemployment day (in 3 months) you must register as unemployed at your local Jobcenter or at
The same day you can apply for unemployment benefits ("dagpenge") in your A-kasse.

I assume you meet the requirements for being eligible for dagpenge. You can have a look at them here.

Best regards,

thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse