Get help about Unemployment Insurance in Denmark
0 votes
I'm graduating soon, but I'm not living in Denmark anymore and, is it possible to still receive unemployed benefit, after I graduate?
in A-kasse for students by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes


no it is not possible. One of the requirements for being eligible for Unemployment benefits ("Dagpenge") is that you was living in Denmark the day before you started your education and again at latest 14 days after you finish your education (graduate).

This requirement applies regardless of it is a danish or international education, and regardless of where the school is located.

So if you will continue to stay outside Denmark, also after graduation, it will not be possible to receive dagpenge.

Best regards,


by (25.2k points)

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse

438 questions
440 answers
428 users