Get help about Unemployment Insurance in Denmark
0 votes
I am in two weeks to graduate from DTU with a master degree, and not a member of A-kasse yet.
There was a problem with my address while studying. I needed to change rooms in my dorm and because of a mistake with the accommodation service, I was left 1 week without an address. I don't know if it is relevant and it was not my fault since they were sending my documents to another address.
Will I be entitled to unemployment benefits once I graduate, and of course become a member?
BR, Deni
in Dagpenge by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes


the requirement concerning the address states that you must have address in Denmark at latest the day before you start the study and again at latest 14 days after finishing study. It is not a requirement that you have address in Denmark while studying.

So in your case - if the 1 week without address is not placed at the early start of study, there should be no problem.

Remember to apply for membership with A-kasse at latest 14 days after finishing study, but better do it before that..

Best regards,


by (25.2k points)

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse

438 questions
440 answers
428 users