living in Denmark with foreign income


I'm by a  Norwegian university. However, I'm living here in Denmark, paying taxes (as if I was a self-employed with foreign income) and I have social-security rights here.

Can I apply in this case for a unemployment insurance?

My contract ends at the one this year. Could I pay the January payment now? So if I got unemployed at the end of the year I'd have completed the one year insurance subscription.

in A-kasse membership by

1 Answer


the anser for your fist question: if you work and live in Denmark you are comprised by the danish social rights, e.g. getting unemployment benefits in case of unemployment.
the answer of your second question: NO, you have to be member for one full year, and the one year begin to count from the day you sign up for A-kasse membership.
Also you have to had work for at least 1.924 hours during the last 3 years.

Best regards,