Get help about Unemployment Insurance in Denmark
0 votes
I will be moving from Poland to Denmark in February 2016 with wife and two kids. I will have a permanent danish contract from day 1 when we arrive whilst my wife is unemployed in PL since 1 month. Is she going to be entitled to unemployment benefit in DK ?
in Dagpenge by (1.3k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
about your wife: sometimes it is possible to transfer "rights" obtained from unemployment insurance system in other EU-countries .
But the detailed rules about this is out of the scope for our website.
You must contact an A-kasse in Denmark (you can find them all at our site

You must also for both you and your wife be aware of rules that say you have to apply for membership in a danish A-kasse within some deadlines. Please also ask the danish A-kasse about this.

Best regards,
by (25.2k points)

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse

438 questions
440 answers
428 users