menu search
my name is "A.B" and i stop working from 01.08.2015. i need some information abount unemployment insurance.
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

1 Answer


to get unemployment benefits you have to meet BOTH of the following conditions:
1. You must have been memeber of an A-kasse for at least one year before applying for unemployment benefits.
2. You must have had paid work on normal conditions for at least 1 year.

So, if you are not member of an A-kasse already, you can not have benefits.
If you already have been member for one year you can contact you A-kasse about how you get benefits.

There a special rules for student - but you tell us you work so we assume you are not at student.

Best regards,
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse