menu search
Hi :) one month ago I graduated after two years masters, I am Eu citizen, I have been working in Denmark as part time since I started my studies, not in my profession, I did not apply for a-kasse, is it anything that I can do to get support? Best,
thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

1 Answer



to use the special graduate rule you should have signed up for A-kasse at latest 2 weeks after graduation - so unfortunately you can not use that special graduate rule anymore.

You will only be able to get unemployment benefits after 1 year membership, and only if you in that period earn enough to meet the income-requirement. You must have earned/have had an income of at least DKK 233,376 (in 2019) during the next year, if you want to be eligible for unemployment benefits after 1 year membership.

You don't tell us if you are an EU-citizen or not. However we assume that you are an EU-citizen and therefore meet the residence requirement, which is an additional requirement for being eligible for unemployment benefits.

Best regards,

Anders Weber,

thumb_up_off_alt 0 like thumb_down_off_alt 0 dislike

Welcome to A-kasser Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the support-team at and/or from other members of the community.
You can also help other members by answer/comment their questions.
This is a service from,

The Guide about A-kasse